
I realized that a lot of my knowledge of books comes from watching a fair amount of Wishbone when I was younger. A lot of the stories I know, in regards to classics, came from watching Wishbone all the time. I think it also instilled in me the idea that dogs can talk and think like a little person. I'm constantly talking to my dog like he's real and sometimes I feel like he wants to say something back to me, or he's at least thinking about it.
Work is not progressing as I'd hoped it would. I re-signed with the same company, putting the luxury of not having to move as a priority over salary and commuting. But lo and behold, they have no work for me and are making me jump through hoops all over the place just to keep working for them. Well, I will have none of it! I have been applying to places all over the country hoping someone can offer me something stable with good benefits. I have an interview tomorrow in Seoul. J is a little concerned about living in Seoul since it's probably the first place North Korea would bomb since it has the largest population, but work is work. I think I said before that Koreans have no fear regarding North Korea. None of the people I've talked to seem to think of them as a threat at all. Every year or so North Korea attacks South Korea in one way or another, so I guess after 50 odd years of it happening the whole thing has become rather mundane. Moving to Seoul at such short notice will be a hassle, especially figuring out how to transport Louis, but I think if I nail the interview the whole work experience will be much more tolerable than this past year. All in all, I think things are looking up...I hope.
Meanwhile, I have been spending my time reading, playing with Louis, and sleeping. I have to admit, it feels good having a bit of a vaca from teaching.
No comments:
Post a Comment