Saturday, January 30, 2010
Zing!
I took two years of Korean in college so one would think by now my Korean would be outta this world, right? WRONG! I feel as though I've gotten worse if that's even possible. I'm trudging through these language books I bought and got to level 2 on the Rosetta Stone, but when I go out in public I'm one of those people that just smiles and nods when someone talks to me without a single clue in my head what they are saying. I saw an ad for classes at a hagwon, but it's supposedly really intense with like, 2 hours of homework every night. Plus this guy I met at English camp will be there and for some reason I feel awkward about it, like he might think I'm stalking him or something. I wouldn't be, of course, so that shouldn't really make a difference. I suppose I'm just scared I'll be an utter failure and look ridiculous in front of everybody. But since I flaked on the YMCA classes, then lied and told the director I couldn't go because I moved to a new city (I don't even know why I said that, it was like, I got trapped in a corner and said the first thing that came to mind; as if she even cares.) But I'm feeling more and more frustrated about the fact that I can't speak very well because the guy downstairs has been here for the same amount of time and he's pretty much fluent. He even has a home-grown Korean girlfriend. I recently was informed that he found her using some sort of Korean dating website and also that his school offered to get him plastic surgery to remove his freckles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment