The only people out and about in the middle of the day are old people and mothers with their babies. I went to eat at Homeplus today and I was surrounded by screaming babies and the elderly. A small toddler came dangerously close to me while I was eating. If only J was there he could have reeled him in closer with his foreigner-ness.
Fall is here with a vengeance. I really miss Minneapolis in the fall. It's the best time in Minnesota, in my opinion. The leaves are changing, the apple orchards are ripe for picking, and you get to wear cardigans and sweaters.
We almost saved a cat that didn't need saving tonight. J saw a cat tied up to a rail on his way home from the gym. He said it had food and a litter box set out with it so I immediately thought someone had abandoned it and was hoping it would get picked up. So we cleaned out Louie's puppy kennel and strolled down to where he saw it. It was much farther than I had anticipated, but when we got there an old woman was sitting next to it and had put it into a cage so we simply pulled a u-turn and went to eat dinner. I think Louie would enjoy a friend, but I think J might go crazy with another animal in the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment