Friday, May 6, 2011
I'm Stronger Than You
I had to intervene today between two boys fighting. They were surprisingly strong and I think I saved the one boy from just barely getting kicked in the head. There I was, minding my own beeswax when I hear a clatter and shouting. I look up and one boy is pummeling another that fell to the floor either by accident or as some sort of defense mechanism. I was all, "Hey now, stop that." But they kept at it and the boy doing the punching was crying and everyone was yelling. Finally I was able to pry them off each other. Who knew 13 year old boys could be so filled with anger...and strength! It took about all my might to drag one of them back to his seat, and then as soon as the other one got off the floor he came flying at the other one, arms flailing! Thankfully the head student (the teacher elects a No.2 at the beginning of the year, usually the smartest, more leader-ish one) came and helped me settle them down and the rest of the class went without a hitch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment