Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Lodger

I had my first real house guest this week. I took in a hobo I met wandering the streets of Itaewon. It was so exhilarating, I felt like I was really living on the edge.

I realized I really like walking. My lodger and I have done a lot of walking the past few weeks and it has been magical. Now he has gone, like dust in the wind, off to explore and live in the forests of Japan; just him and his hammock. I think I've entered a new stage in my life, cavorting with strangers, and having the time of my life doing so.

Now it's back to the grind and it is definitely colder up in these parts than Daegu. It was like, -7 degrees Celsius this morning. I don't think it ever even dropped to 0 in Daegu. I'm in for a hard winter. At least there's nothing tempting me to go outside for, except Cherryade, unlike Daegu which held so many wonders and delights like spicy rice cake and coffee shops. I think this will give me a chance to reacquaint myself with the harsh winters I have waiting for me back home.

1 comment:

  1. Heard it was 63 degrees F. in Albert Lea on Thanksgiving Day. :)

    ReplyDelete