Wednesday, February 1, 2012

D'Oh!

Being an adult is hard. I thought school started today, but as I roamed the empty hallways it occurred to me that perhaps I got the dates wrong. After a quick text to my coteacher I was in fact mistaken and school starts tomorrow...a Friday. One more day of lounging and then it will be back to the grindstone for another two weeks. I have no idea what is in store for me because some classes have finished the books and then some have not. There is actually only one full week of school and then three days into the next. On the bright side of today, getting up and at 'em actually motivated me to send off the thank-you cards I had been putting off sending since the post office is so so far (read: 15 minute bus ride).

I've been taking Poppy to the vet once a week these days because she has a bladder infection and the doctor looks into her cataract eye forever, giving me various ointments and drops to administer each day. It recently snowed like...2 inches or so making it...unbearable for me to walk to the vet. Since I don't have a carrier for Poppy I stuff her into a duffle bag which actually works quite well. I put a delectable treat inside so she doesn't seem to mind. Sometimes she'll pop her head out of the hole I leave open for air, but usually she just hunkers down inside.

What with everything winding down I'm becoming ever more anxious about the upcoming year. It will be muy challenging and I don't feel entirely prepared to face everything....actually at all. I really wish that at the end of this nightmare of the past three years, I could have a nice long real vacation somewhere warm and relaxing instead of having to fight my way back into the workforce. Best advice on this matter: If wishes and buts were clusters of nuts, we'd all have a bowl of granola.

5 comments:

  1. 내꺼 송예진... 차음, "위시스 에인드 븥스" 세이잉 알랐어요? =) 다음... 예진아 화이팅! Next year is definitely going to be full of challenges, but you've got the goods to overcome them! You're classy, sassy, little bit of brassy (had to google that last one to make sure it was at least semi-relevant... i would say 30%?), and you have family and friends who will have your bun-side throughout the whole transition back to the west-side.
    and I will, at the very least, be sending you heaps of support from the far east.
    furthermore... i'll be doing everything i can to ensure the next few months give you something to forget about the nightmarish side of these past 3 years =)
    you definitely deserve a _warm_ vacation somewhere though, eh?
    maybe we can plan a tropical meetup sometime next summer if you can get the time off.
    오빠의 치료 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i OWN one dog, but i foster dogs which makes the total number of animals in the house 2...if my math is correct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you bringing any of them back to the states?

    ReplyDelete
  4. only my pooch Louis will be making his grand debut in the states in April. the other is headed to Canada later this month :)

    ReplyDelete