We went to see Paranormal Activity this afternoon and now I can't sleep. Instead I have been trying to clear my brain by watching sassy brassy comedies, such as Youth In Revolt and now PirateRadio. Perhaps it's because I still feel slightly traumatized by my dip into the horror genre today, but Youth In Revolt wasn't as rip roaringly funny as I expected. As a matter of fact, I'm now in search of a copy of the book because I feel as though I need the story to be redeemed to be better than what was portrayed to me via film.
Jacob is going to Seoul for the weekend with his friends, which leaves me alone for a whole weekend. I'm not quite sure what mischief I'm going to get myself into...probably not much. So far I've bought enough kimbop, ramen, and juice to last me a few days insuring I won't have to go outside if I don't want to.
I've been listening to Yahoo radio lately and the station title Quiet Storm caught my eye.
Quiet Storm: Mellow music to keep your day running smooth.
What really intrigued me was the picture of a sleepy looking Justin Timberlake next to it.
Or maybe he's being contemplative. I suppose this is what he looks like when he's feeling mellow and his day is running smoothly. Perhaps references to storms at this juncture are inappropriate so they had to balance it out with a solemn Mr. Timberlake so people feel better. I remember when the tsunami hit that one place...Thailand or something, Jamba Juice removed Strawberry Tsunami from their menu, which caused me great distress since it was my favorite drink and it was a time in my life when I was drinking Jamba Juice practically everyday due to the soul crushing surroundings of Macy's. It was the sunshine in my life and Jamba Juice stole that away from me. My manager later told me that you could still ask for it, it just wasn't written on the menu and then even later a friend who got a job at Jamba Juice said they changed the name to Strawberry Surfrider. I guess this story isn't really relevant unless the name of the station was Quiet Earthquakes or something like that.
Have I mentioned I'm trying to learn magic? Slight of hand is the next hurdle. I'm hoping my small hands won't hinder me from being an accomplished slight of hand artist. There was an entertainer for the last day of English camp today and he started to do these tricks with a piece of string. I got really excited in anticipation for more magic, but alas, he only did a few silly string tricks. After the camp was over we (the teachers) had to stay for lunch and a few rounds of ping pong followed by badminton. Technically it wasn't even real badminton, just me and another teacher hitting a birdie back and forth. Needless to say, I won. I don't think I've ever played an actual game of ping pong before though because I had no idea what the rules were and lost our game 21-11.
Let me be honest...how could you watch Paranormal Activity knowing how easily you get scared?
ReplyDeleteI'm also officially OVER Michael Cera. He needs to put on 25 lbs ouf muscle and getting some tattoos or something to spice up his image.