Monday, July 12, 2010

Two Things

Two weird things happened to me today.
1.) An India Indian man stopped me, asked me if I spoke English and then asked me for directions. First he didn't know where the place was he was going, but after a call he figured it out. Anyway, the weird part was that he asked where I was from, and when I said America, he said, "What? Why don't you look American?" The conversation pretty much spiraled after that and I quickly said my goodbyes.
2.) I was eating kimbap (this)

on the subway and a meandering little girl came up to me and started asking me questions like, "Ooo what's that what's that?" I was taken quite aback because she was all alone and acted as though she knew me, which she didn't. I told her I didn't speak Korean, but she kept talking at me as I walked away. She didn't look homeless or anything and there are always children roaming in that area so I wasn't too concerned

I'm not used to so much interaction with strangers. Usually I tell people I can't speak Korean because if I say I can speak a little, but not well, they talk to me like I should be fluent.

I saw a teeny tiny dog chasing its owner on a bike today and I want Louie to learn to do that. At the park I let him off the leash for a little while if there aren't many people in the big open area and he always comes back to me so I think there's hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment