Monday, November 8, 2010
Oh What A Night
Today's teaching was the usual. The first class of students (Phonics) was horrible, but the rest of the day went without a hitch. I felt motion sick on the bus, fell asleep on the subway, and rode my bike home in the cold. I felt like sleeping all night long, but Mr. Louis had something else in store for me. First I tried to order spicy chicken. I called the regular place we use twice and got no answer, so I ordered from another place (which isn't as good only because the chicken is still on the bone.) About 5 minutes after ordering I get a call from someone asking me about spicy chicken and if my house is number 303. I said yes thinking it was the same place confirming my order. The chicken comes and I hunker down with a little American Dad. About 15 minutes in, there's another knock on the door and a little woman has another bag of chicken! After some confusion I realized that the phone call after my order was the place I called first that didn't answer. I didn't have anymore cash, but I think the woman understood and said ok and left. Anyway, while I was trying to figure out why she had come, Louie ran out the door. Sometimes he does this before he gets walked because he has so much energy, but he always comes back when he realizes I'm not with him. Well, the woman left and he hadn't returned! I went outside and he was nowhere to be seen. I started panicking, running all over the neighborhood calling his name. I spent about an hour and half running/walking looking for him. Finally I just sat outside our apartment calling his name. Around 9pm a man comes around the corner and Louie comes prancing along with him. I scooped him up and hugged him so tight! I don't think I've ever been so worried. Tomorrow I have another open class...two at the same school. I don't understand why and frankly it's a little ridiculous. I am plum tuckered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment