There was a brand spankin' new baby on the bus home today. I could tell because its eyes still had that shiny new eye look. Kinda glazed, like the dirt and pollution haven't spoiled them yet. It had a really full tuft of hair though. If I didn't know any better I would have placed bets on it being a toupe. And I wouldn't put it past some crazy Korean mother, worried about the amount of hair her newborn baby has, to buy one and glue it on its head.
My coteacher was practising health terms with the kids today and listing the names of things like, sore throat, headache, stomachache. She was just asking for words and one boy shouted, "EYE ACHE!" and then looked utterly perplexed when I burst into laughter. Why don't we call it an eyeache? I suppose because it sounds so ridiculous.
No comments:
Post a Comment