I have a sneaking suspicion that the bakery sold me a day old baguette under the guise of a present day baguette. The crust was harder than usual as well as the part of the meat that was in contact with the crust.
This morning I woke up a half hour later than usual, but fortunately I had purchased a breakfast sandwich the day before. I could liken it to an egg mcmuffin because it was of the english muffin variety of sandwiches, but believe you me, it was no mcmuffin. There was some white sauce coupled with a red sauce but I refused to investigate further since I was so hungry and in a hurry. You win again Paris Baguette.
I am continually disappointed by the lack of things that work in this country outside of Seoul. I tried to look up ingredients of a donut at the aforementioned Paris Baguette in Korean or English because my Kipper had eaten it and I was worried about the chocolate. Anyway, the website had NO INFORMATION about anything. The American site at least had pictures of the products listed. The only picture on the Korean website was some drawing of a bakery and the words for bread, cake, and other. And then! and THEN this morning I waited for the bus for 20 minutes only to have it zoom past, leaving myself and others staring in wonderment at what just happened. The thing that really grinds my gears is that this particular bus seemingly has no schedule. The timing that shows up at the bus stop is never correct either. It's literally a guessing game and it. is. infuriating. I asked my coteacher when I started at this school if there was a listing of bus schedules I could look at for the buses and her reply, maybe somewhere on the internet. THEN HOW DO YOU FIND ANYTHING?!??!?!! I am patiently awaiting my return to normalcy and civilization.
I'm having a love affair with Lambrusco wine lately. The alcohol content is so low I can have two whole glasses!!! Can you believe it?!
I wonder if Tig Notaro would hire me as her assistant. I adore her green shoes she wore on Conan. GREEN SHOES GREEN SHOES! I chanted that at the screen while I watched it.
Maybe it's the wine, but both SNL and the Jonah Hill episode of Conan made me laugh and laugh and laugh. Sidenote, Jonah Hill looks like his head has somehow been biologically photoshopped onto another body. I don't understand why he still has such a large head and tiny tiny hands. Also, he referred to himself as a twink, but..... I beg to differ. He's not fat anymore, but I think "twink" is a reach.
No comments:
Post a Comment