Busan wasn't quite as magical as I was expecting mostly because I didn't get to go to the beach. Instead, we stayed in a nice hotel downtown and bummed around in the PC cafes and shops. The real excitement happened that night when we decided to find a nightclub and cut a few rugs so to speak. Sometimes I find Koreans to be a little odd, especially the men. I suppose it was all in the name of entertainment, but the dj's/dancers at this club were by far the most flamboyant effeminate men I have ever seen. The first dj was pretty normal, he did a little dance number at the end which was alright with me, and the second dj kept things moving right along, but then out came this man with an afro, bow tie, tight pants, and a sweater vest. He just riled everyone up by busting out all the girl kpop dance moves. There was lots of hip shaking and butt bouncing and when he was done I was pretty sure that was the end of it. I couldn't have been more wrong. A four person boy band of sorts rose from below the stage and also started dancing around the the popular girl kpop songs of the times. After awhile it turned into a semi-strip dance with the boys writhing around with their tops off. It was quite a sight. Overall, let's just say I enjoyed the view.
Today was my first day back to teaching and the little shits haven't changed very much. I think it's especially worse because the regular teachers aren't here plus the excitement of a new English room is apparently too much for them to handle. They run around, leave the doors open, don't go back to their classrooms, and stand just a wee bit too close to me. Plus, I had two criers that I didn't know what to do with because they speak about two words of English. I awkwardly patted them on the back. Both boys too! I need to make it like Stella and get my groove back.
On my way home I saw a woman balancing a big tub on the top of her head. I looked at her and messed up her mojo because at that very moment the tub tipped over.
No comments:
Post a Comment