Saturday, August 25, 2012

Shams

Finally, FINALLY! got a full nights sleep last night.  I don't know what it was, but ever since getting here I haven't been able to sleep through the night.  Until now.  After work I even ventured out into the living space to watch some television.  Perhaps that soothed my mind a bit.

Parts of me want to go to Ikea today.  Parts of me also want to buy a red tv at target.com which wouldn't even get here until like, two weeks from now.  But it's red....and I'm not even sure if I still have a working tv so it's not totally impractical.

Today I am determined to at least call the storage place to see if they can cut the lock off my space.  At least then I could get my lamp.  I don't even remember what is in there so it will be a semi-treasure hunt of sorts.  That is my goal at least.

While browsing the bed linen selections I noticed something called a "sham" and from what I can tell, it's just a thin blanket, no?  Seems like an odd name for such a thing.  I'm also considering buying a bed skirt for no other reason than wanting a bed skirt.  It's entirely unnecessary and now upon further thought I should probably save my money since I don't know when I'll actually be getting paid.


**HOURS LATER**
I feel pretty good about my shelf purchases today.  My room looks a little homier now which is somewhat comforting.  I got some lamps going on which is giving the room a special warm feeling right now.  The only glitch I've run into is that I don't have a hammer.  But!  I'm going to take this opportunity to decorate the insides of it, although I will also need glue and/or a staple gun.

Even though the storage place lists its hours seven days a week, they lie.  So I'll have to wait til Monday to find out if they have lock cutters or if I'll be reaching out to the community for assistance.

Someone is really clip clopping around upstairs...
I'm debating whether to purchase a bathrobe to wrap myself in while lounging in my bedroom.  The room is in a basement so it is cooler than the upper living area to begin with, plus the air con makes it super cold so it's not totally impractical. Also I think I'd like to strut around in a big ole' bathrobe.

I want to hang my calendar in a certain spot, but there is a nail in the way.  The question is, do I remove the nail and consequently cover the hole OR upon my acquisition of a hammer, do I pound it into the wall so my calendar is splayed smoothly?

Julie Klausner has been getting me through life these days.  Her stories are really speaking to me in a way that I haven't felt before.  I wonder if we'd be friends in real life.  I haven't finished the book yet so there's a chance I'll be disappointed, but I really enjoy the quotes she picks to intro each section. 
Doing what you want to do is not always in your best interest. -The Rules
He would always act like he was passively a victim...But really he was just trying to get away with whatever he could get away with, walking all over people. -Kathy Goodell, R. Crumb's ex-girlfriend, from Crumb
And the best advice ever
But most importantly, even when you're in the throes of an affair with a guy whose rock-star confidence made you melt in the first place, don't forget that it's you who's the star.  A successful relationship with any guy is going to ground itself in him knowing that he shines, but you shine brighter, and the two of you together are unstoppable.  Because it's about him deserving you, not choosing you at random from a harem of devotees...Follow what it is that you love and makes you want to be better, always.  But don't get yourself tied up with any kind of rock star- musician or not - who makes you feel like you're not made of star stuff.  Because of course you are.  Give me a break. - Julie Klausner, goddess
I am in love with her.  Regrettably, I made the penultimate mistake of peeling the sticker off the back of the book and now there's a gummy spot that I can't bear to touch.   If I don't finish tonight I'll have to use special tactics tomorrow at work to remedy the situation.

I have a huuuuuge craving for shrimp curry.  Or chicken curry.  And samosas.  I could eat a million of those samosas.  I don't know when to treat myself to those delights.  I feel like I should eat my rice, ramen, and veg before I go all out at India Palace.

No comments:

Post a Comment