Sunday, August 26, 2012

Shiver Me Timbers

My one bookcase is vicariously tilted due to the un-evenness of the floor, almost taunting me with a will-I/won't-I kind of smarm regarding toppling over and ruining the work I put into arranging one shelf of books, a kleenex box, and my 2pm calendar.  I'm debating whether to do a little re-arranging actually to see if I can maximize this space at all...but then there's the tricky conundrum of the cable being fixed in one corner, with only a certain amount of leeway as to where to plop down a tv set.  I suppose I could cross that bridge when I come to it.  There's also the question of whether or not I can move this bed.  It has wheels so I just might be able to manage it, but now looking at the space....I think it's in its proper place.  Plus, I like to sleep north-south.

Another boy from high school got married this weekend.  We sometimes walked to the lunchroom together with his other friend since our lockers were two or three away from each other.  He also was in Korea for a year, dating a girl back home who is now his wife.  The people I know who did a long distance relationship when one of them was in Korea and the other not in Korea seems to hinge on the fact that they only were separated one year and then immediately were living together or getting married.  Or they're just better than me.

One full week down, 7 more to go before I even start earning benefits which means I have to find some free health clinic soon.  I am in the process of applying to work at the St. Paul Humane Society, but we'll see if I make the cut.  First I have to send in two reference letters and then they decide if they want to interview me and then they may or may not take me.  I need to be around animals.  Without my Louis I'm pretty lost.  I also applied to PetSmart in a desperate attempt to land a pet hotel customer service position or something that involves less standing around than my regular job.  I spent 5 hours working the cash register today and I realized I'd make a really good data entry person.  Punching in numbers and words all day is what I've become a pro at, BUT NO ONE WILL TAKE ME AHHHHHH!  I wish I could take a day to take care of all the paperbacks because it is ri-fucking-diculous how out of control that area is.  I bet my bottom dollar I could do it in one day if I didn't have to fulfill other roles.  Ugh, that place frustrates me with its chaos right now.  I have an urge to organize and put books away as I stare at it from across the aisle at the register.  It's one of those, "let me in coach!" moments that won't do any good because I have no power over anything.  I fronted a couple sections which I subsequently noticed sold quite well that day....coincidence?  Maybe.  I really have no idea about sales or anything so maybe it was regular.  My true calling is organizing books which I won't be able to do for awhile yet except in the comforts of my own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment