Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Soup Smell

I managed to spill chicken soup all over my lap today right at the start of my lunch.  Classic Kari.  For the rest of the day I wondered if I smelt of soup.  I have such a craving for chocolate cake right now.  I've been thinking about cake for awhile now.  A few days at least.  I think I had a dream that I was eating cake which spawned the craving.

My new pastime is meandering about The Dollar Store and finding all sorts of treasures.  An old man said, "Are you finding everything you need?" as I walked past and I thought he was speaking to someone he was shopping with so I ignored him and kept walking.  It was only at the register that I realized he was alone and also talking to me.  He remarked upon my purchase of a beer mug which will be used for everything except alcoholic beverages, but the sales associate decided that was his opening to divulge his experience "with the mugs" when he drank a beer with schnapps.  I wasn't sure where I fit into that conversation so I took my change and high-tailed it outta there.

With any luck, a week from Sunday I will be living large at the Renfest.

No comments:

Post a Comment