Bad things keep happening. I'm not going to be a debbie downer about it, but I feel like we could all use a nice deep breath of happiness and cheer.
My co-teacher saved me from a horrible situation today. The new vice principal declared that he wanted me to come into the teacher's office, where him and the school secretaries reside, to teach English for a half hour everyday. First of all, I have teacher conversation classes every Tuesday and Thursday and only two or three teachers come to those so my fellow coworkers aren't all gung-ho about learning English. I don't blame them. They're always working and busy so I'm sure they don't have much time in their day to sit around and learn a second language. I'm not bothered by that at all because, to be honest, I feel really awkward teaching adults. Anyway, my beautiful wonderful magnificent co-teacher told him I couldn't because of my contract. I'm not sure what she exactly said to him or what she told him was in my contract, but I am sooooo grateful. That vice principal always has a look of constipation on her face so it doesn't surprise me that he's trying to put me to work. My old co-teacher (she moved to Australia) told me that she heard he is really strict and that she'd stay away from him if she was me. I've been tossing around the idea of moving to a hagwon when I'm finished with this contract because I will get paid more and have only 4 or 5 kid classes which sounds magical compared to my 30+ classes this year. I really don't feel like dealing with a crotchety old vice principal on a power trip trying to make the little gyopo do more work that she is supposed to. I am so so sick of how racist they are here against their own people. Just because I'm not blonde and blue eyed somehow makes me less worthy. I shouldn't be bitter, I'm going to move on and hope that I don't get screwed with any hagwons. I need to look on the bright side because my situation, financially and work hour related at least, is better than it was in the states. I don't hate the monotony of the job because there is no monotony. Plus, I actually think this has been good for my confidence and overall "life experience."
To end on a lighter note, I found this podcast called I LOVE MOVIES WITH DOUG BENSON. He has celebrity guests come and they talk about movies and movie related things...mostly. It was making me snicker and snort with glee all afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment