Once upon a time there was a dude from England that came to Korea the same time as little ole me. He loved his school and updated Facebook with all the goings on in his life in Korea and everything else. Much of the time he wrote about how the girls (he worked at a middle school, i think) flirted with him and looked at his crotch. I only recently realized that his posts have no longer been appearing on my newsfeed. So I did a minuscule amount of investigative work and discovered he has disappeared from Facebook entirely! Or perhaps he blocked me, but that wouldn't make sense since I never talked to him. Jake and I called him "The Turtle" because we only saw him at the orientation and every time his slightly over-sized peacoat was buttoned up to the top making his bald head seem to peak out as if from a turtle shell. Where did he go??? Jake predicts that he was "involved" with one of his students and got kicked out or something, but he seemed like a very upstanding kind of guy that wouldn't go for such shenanigans. So the mystery remains.
I watched the trailer for 2012 in which California is destroyed and just as I said, "Eh, it's just California" the words "IT'S NOT JUST CALIFORNIA" appeared on the screen! It's like the people who made the trailer anticipated just such a thought process.
Yesterday I ate like a queen. Jakey made me pancakes and eggs and later we went out for bbq. I love Korea on those types of days. Mostly because I love eating and Korean bbq can compare to nothing else. It was pretty late by the time we walked home and when we got to the intersection by our apartment there was a guy sitting in the middle of the street totally asleep. Jake was worried that he would get run over so he tried to move him over to the side. He crankily woke up and moved, but then he followed us trying to talk and didn't seem to want to go home. It was a little odd and it made me wonder how the night progressed to where he ended up alone and asleep in the middle of the street in the first place. Plus he was wearing a suit so he wasn't just some homeless guy with no place to go. He was gone by the time I made my way outside this morning so hopefully he made it where he needed to be.
I'm craving a really good Italian sub right now. There's supposedly a Subway somewhere in this town, but I have yet to seek it out.
Man it would sure suck if California was destroyed while I was living there.
ReplyDeleteMaybe that guy in the middle of the street was sent here from the future.
ReplyDeletePerhaps, Michael, perhaps. Did I mention he was in a cross-legged sitting position? Does that make it jucier?
ReplyDeleteI'm sure Cali will last a few more months. At least if John Cusack has anything to do with it. That would probably ruin his movie if California jumped the gun and fell into the ocean.