Thursday, November 1, 2012

Roast Beefs

I had a dream my boots were ruined by fish waste, but I was wearing some sweet new kicks anyway so I wasn't that bummed. Tis a silly thing, but I miss riding on trains and subways.

I've been feeling lately that I should pack Lou up and ship ourselves back to Korea.  I actually felt much more at ease with myself there when I wasn't working.  And my body didn't ache all the ding dong day.  What I really want is to live in a bubbling big city in an apartment, no car, and putter around as a housewife with Louis.  I'd adopt another dog and we'd be a whole family.  I think my lady genes are kicking in because all I think about lately is how badly I want to settle down.  What keeps me here is the agonizing thought of missing out on even more time with the neice and nephew.  They changed so much while I was gone, it tugs on me heartstrings to think of missing their entire childhood.  I'm not a huge figure in their lives, but seeing them every three months or so is so much better than not at all.  Perhaps I'm merely having trouble re-adapting.

First things first, stop eating night cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment