On my way home from work there were all these red and blue flashing lights, I saw a firetruck and an ambulance, but I couldn't see what was sandwiched between them or why they were moving at a snails pace. Apparently it was Santa Claus, literally waving to no one. Unless you count me who shouted, alone in my car, IT'S FUCKING SANTA!!!!
Oatmeal Raisin cookies were a blazing success. I've started a list of things I've proven to myself I can bake well. So far I have banana bread, Hershey Kiss drops, and oatmeal raisins. While at my parents I also succeeded with beef and pea pods, greek pasta salad, and taco dip. I need to keep expanding my repertoire so someone will love me. I'm pretty sure that's how it works. My sister sent me a lasagna recipe a million years ago that I still haven't tried. That will surely bring in a man.
I am craving pasta so bad right now, but I must wait til tomorrow. So many errands to run on my day off so I can't be caught dawdling. I'm a little nervous that John will come round tomorrow sans Liz to pick up the dog kennel since she has been under the weather. He makes me nervous for reasons I can't articulate. I think I'm just so used to seeing them in a pair and I always dissolve into silent giggles when he comes in to pick her up at work. Actually, that happens with most of the significant others of my co-workers. Perhaps some bonding will happen over Hobbit food at Dennys on Wednesday. I foolishly (but very nicely) switched hours with someone so I can't carpool with the rest of the folks, but I shouldn't be too far behind.
I got my sister this thing that I now realize would make more sense grammatically in my home than in hers...but what's done is done.
No comments:
Post a Comment